Old 06-25-2016, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Question 1:
I wonder if you have found any Instruction Pages/Booklets/Sheets
that you find more attractive, informative and/or helpful
which you might recommend I refer to?
UHU02's pictorial instructions for the TIE Interceptor work surprisingly well. He divides the build into steps. The beginning of each step shows a picture of the parts involved with all part numbers clearly labeled. Then a series of pictures show the correct assembly order and placement of those parts. This repeats for each subsequent step. Unlike Polish card models, UHU02's method very clearly shows the intended construction sequence.

If you already break your model instructions into steps that clearly show the intended construction sequence, definitely keep doing that. While not strictly necessary a part call-out before each step would offer some additional convenience for the builder. (I cut out and paint parts in batches so knowing the exact parts needed for a batch saves time and prevents clutter.)

As for layout, I always liked Tamiya model instructions. I prefer line drawings to pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Question 2:
Do you print your Instruction Pages? or do you refer to them on your computer?
Would you prefer to see larger or smaller pages, diagrams, fonts?
I almost always print model instructions, carry them all over the house, and use them for notes. I personally prefer unadorned fonts like Arial to anything with serifs. Cluttered pictures with dozens of parts become confusing. Polish card model instructions sometimes border on unreadable because they cram so much information into a single picture.

As for the portrait versus landscape thing, I care not.

One thing I would find useful--if the model uses a specific paint color like RLM 66, put that somewhere in the instructions. It will simplify paint selection for part edging.