View Single Post

Old 07-01-2016, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
I just finished up with your tutorial so thank you for that! This really opens up a lot of possibilities.

Some questions:

If a model PDF includes vector images, can I use PDFill to extract those images in vector format and if so, how?

Let's say I convert a model PDF to PNG images at 300 DPI. The original model was an A4 document at 1:33 scale. I pull the model into Paint and blow it up to 1:25 scale (132% of original). Now I want to print on US Letter so I need to account for the deviation from A4. Are there any tools inside Paint to adjust the inherent size of my image so I know I hit the correct scale for printing? If I recall correctly, Photoshop let me set an inherent size to an image but Paint seems to lack this feature.

Is Inkscape still the go to free program of choice for editing vector image files? I remember using it around 2007 or 2008.

Is GIMP still the go to free program of choice for editing raster images. Paint is fine but I immediately realized I need something more powerful and refined for what I wish to do.

Again, thank you for the tutorial! It really was extremely useful.