View Single Post

Old 07-10-2016, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.04 MB
Thanks my friends, I'm glad to have your attention, but prepare to be patient... I'm afraid this will be a loooong trip! And so little time for hobbies... sigh!

Well, here's my today update on the test build.

In the first image you can see the aft side walls with those strange structures simulating part of the many recesses and ledges of the wall. With colors on them they will be somewhat better I think.
The walls and aft side consolles was glued in place. The fitting always perfect so far.
The two elements that separates aft and front consoles, as you can see, were the first difficult pieces to put on. Their shape is pretty complex and perhaps the parts can be unfolded in a different way. I should think a bit about this.
The weakest part is the join with the side consolles, especially in the lower section (see photos taken through rear windows)
On the right - especially - I made the worst join. I'm sure it's my fault and not a design issue, but the next time, with the "real" build... I should study something different for that spot.

And now a little experiment...

I'm sure that all of you know very well the Apollo Command module model by Ken West... with all those tiny switches...
I was thinking about something of that stuff for my Shuttle so I made a little try:

I used a 0,3 mm wide metal wire to make two little loops and a micro-switch in the center. It was a hell of a work... I don't know if I'll have the force (Jedi style) to repeat this thing for the hundreds of times needed to cover all the panels... For the moment I'll just meditate on it... waiting inspiration...

It's all for this session, in the last photo you can see the actual status of my test build.

See you soon!
Attached Thumbnails
1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07759.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07764.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07765.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07771.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07772.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07773.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07774.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07767.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07770.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc07775.jpg