View Single Post

Old 07-18-2016, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Some of my builds

Ok. I'm on my own on this. No Granddaughter back-up! I'm going to try and post some pics of the models I've designed and built. here goes....

Some of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-004.jpg Some of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-001.jpgSome of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-002.jpg
These are first models I did on my own. Not the time period I'm interested the most, but still historical. The 1957 version of a Valentine Little Chef 'Nifty Niner' diner (original configuration). There is one still in operation in downtown New Albany. Kinda' simple and crude compared to the work I see on this site every week, but a good learning experience. I did these about a year and a half ago. By the way, all these models are in HO scale. I have done some in N scale also, but the kids took them to put on their book cases.

Here is one I started the design on a month or so back and assembled last week.........
Some of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-024.jpgSome of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-025.jpgSome of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-026.jpgSome of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-027.jpg

This is the Zimmerman Building. Built on Main St. in 1882 as a bakery. This is more the time frame I get excited about!
I use MS Publisher to make my models. Don't know if anyone else uses that, but it one I'm comfortable with. I also use Gimp, Inkscape and Paint Shop Pro 7 (the real old one) to work my textures.
Well, I think that's enough for now. Let me know what you think of them. I'm a bit nervous about posting these when I look at everyone else's work; you people are so good.............George
Attached Thumbnails
Some of my builds-model-pics-7-18-2016-023.jpg