View Single Post

Old 08-01-2016, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
On the bench-Grocery Store

I had intended to get going on this last week, but I ended up dealing with computer issues instead...... you all know how fun that can be.
I 'build' all my work in MS Publisher. The textures are 'massaged' in the Gimp, Inkscape or, for simple work, a very old Paint Shop Pro 7. I try my best to use photographs taken at the actual building; brick work, windows, doors, etc. But as some of you have noticed , 1) a photographer I'm not, and 2) my camara is a good one; for the year 2000. I do pull a few textures from the web, but try my best not to.
Once I think a design is close, I'll print off a simple version to put together and see what it looks like.
Some of my builds-cardstock-models-004.jpg Some of my builds-cardstock-models-005.jpg Some of my builds-cardstock-models-008.jpg

Quick and easy assembly to check print texture, measure scale and to experiment on. If all that looks good, then I go in and start getting the windows and doors 'fitted' out for offsetting. I'll also add 'backround' to the window and door panes. Once I think it looks good, it's time to print out the (hopefully) improved model!
Start cutting, folding, gluing, fussing and drinking lots of coffee.....
Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-004.jpg Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-005.jpg Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-006.jpg Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-001.jpg Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-002.jpg

That is where I'm at today. I forgot to add that the model has to go through a rigorous inspection program. The wife looks at and tells me if she likes it or if one of the grandkids end up with it and I try again. I'll post some more progress later in the week. NOTE: I tried to get a decent pic of the façade build up, but I Hope to be doing some more like this, if anyone is interested.