View Single Post

Old 08-02-2016, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Oh, I know where your coming from VK. And I have been getting off my duff and doing what you suggested. With me it was a neighborhood grocery that had been built in 1870. It was in great shape, well kept, in a city that is suppose to be hip on 'repurposing' historic buildings. My wife kept on me about getting pictures, but I kept putting it off. Been there for over a hundred years, be there later. Well, it had become a small bar in the 70's, in a neighborhood that was being slowly bought up by a developer (brother of a council member). Next I know, the local paper is shouting headlines about a well connected contractor buying and demolishing a historic building without the proper revue. I did learn a lesson. Now the only pics I can get is from the library. Live and learn, I suppose. Talking pics, here is one of the bakery that I modeled. As I said, it is in need of someone to rescue it before it is gone too.
Some of my builds-old-lipps-printing-building-002.jpg
The building next to it was built two years later also by Mr. Zimmerman. I am currently working on the design for it. I'll do a 'stand alone' like the bakery, but I am going to do one of them as they are in reality (attached, that is).
Also, once done, I'll give some of the history behind the grocery store that's on the bench (desk) now. It holds a special place in my family history. OK, I had a few hours between jobs again today, but break time is nearly over. You all have a great day and we'll be around later today.
Happy Modeling! - George