View Single Post

Old 08-03-2016, 06:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Alright. I did get a little modeling in yesterday, but ran out of time for posting (days are too short when you have a job!). I had all the windows and doors in place, so it was time to put the walls together.Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-009.jpg
I do not use attached glue tabs on my side walls. They are there on my initial design for the quick bata build, but when I do a 'presentable' version, I cut them off and make my own glue tabs. 'Boxing' the windows and doors like I do, I have to trim and cut around them to make the tabs lay completely flat. I find it much easier to do when they're not attached to the wall and I like the much tighter fit, and with the glue jig it is fairly easy to do. Now, I DO like glue tabs on the base and roof portions of a wall. With the door openings cut out, like I do, the tab at the base helps keep that small strip of card between the 'ground' and the door sills from wanting to pop outward. If you notice in some of the pics though, somebody forgot to leave all of them on when he was cutting them out.
I'll attach one side wall to the front and the other to the back.Once the wall section have dried, we join the two halves, also using the jig. One note I'll make to myself; don't build up the façade until after the walls are up. I had to shim the front up to glue the side to it, which just added a bit more work to the process. And too much card between the magnets and the jig means less pressure on the glue points.
As you can see, I added the base, making sure it is square (Using a square, of course). Then I added some stiffeners to the interior. I like using cereal boxes for this. Good and heavy. Not only stiffens the walls, but adds some weight to the over all model. I usually will put a sub roof on using the same material. Again for stiffening the upper wall section, added weight and a nice flat surface to glue the card that becomes our roof. I did add the cap over the façade as my last modeling activity for the day. That's all I've got right now. Hope you all enjoy it!
Have a Great Day! -George
Attached Thumbnails
Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-008.jpg   Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-0014.jpg   Some of my builds-7-30-2016-grocery-store-0021.jpg