View Single Post

Old 08-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Iron Maiden 747 Ed Force One 2016

All right everybody, I have this new project that, for me, it extents five of my passions: Airplanes, Heavy Metal, Ancient Mexican Cultures, Photography and Paper modeling.

The Heavy Metal band Iron Maiden got for their 2016 world tour, this Boeing 747-400. They used this airplane in the first half of 2016 to promote their latest album called "The Book Of Souls", that it's related to the ancient Mesoamerican cultures, Mayan in particular.

It is very special for me because I was able to take photos of the actual airplane in the Monterrey, Mexico airport back in March, when I went there for the concert. More of this later.

Photo taken by me when I landed at the "Escobedo" airport in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.

the paper model can be obtain freely, thanks to my friend Edwin Rodriguez "Hermer", from Costa Rica; in his YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyf43TgQYmU
The model is a repaint from the Canon Boeing 747 papercraft model. The scale is 1/144.

So let's begin by cutting the parts for the nose and cabin.

I used a Metal Hammer magazine, special edition, as background. The magazine has its cover in 3D, that's why it looks like it's lit in some places.

As I'm going to build the model with landing gear, I added some weight to avoid the model to sit on its butt.