View Single Post

Old 09-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dell View Post
Shane, I'd be very interested in seeing any B-17 blue prints you get. Are you getting them from the Smithsonian? I hear they are very pricey from there.

Here is a couple nice links on the fifth engine test beds. There were two of them and they were officially designated the Boeing 299Z. Some of the engine mounts were pretty ugly, others didn't look too bad.

Boeing 299Z B-17G

History You Can Model: Boeing Model 299Z - the Amazing Five-Motor B-17

I always thought the one from Connecticut should have been restored as a 299Z instead of a B-17G.

And speaking of "Liberty Belle", she will rise, like a Phoenix, from the flames.

Aero Vintage Books

John the ones I'm getting are probably the same. they are from the collection at a museum here who HAD to have all factory blueprints for maintenance of their B-17 up until they sold it. they are all digital formats and when obtained ill let you know.

The gentleman is looking for a nice set of files of the De Havilland DH-88 Comet designed in Pepakura if possible. is their anyone who can make some up for me? ill get them a full copy of the same B-17 blueprints as well as a reward.