View Single Post

Old 09-11-2016, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Oh dear. Things went somewhat off the rails on these wheel arches. The left front went well, no problems at all. Then on the right front, my knife went ever so slightly off line when cutting the straight line that the arched part glues to. It got a little ragged at the inside corner, and I couldn't seem to trim it neatly. The edge coloring really looked pretty awful on that ragged bit. By this time I was pretty sure I was going to have to print another one anyhow, so I tried applying a little water to that inside corner, and of course that made it worse, as I expected. I printed another copy, but I had run out of the card stock I used for the first printing, and the new cardstock doesn't quite match. Right now I'm waffling between building the whole model with the new stock (which would involve re-scoring everything, plus discarding a really nice left front wheel arch), or using the very slightly mismatched right front wheel arch with the old stock. Today I had other plans and didn't have time to work on it at all, but I should have no trouble getting caught up tomorrow.

Here are some pictures. The first shows the left front arch. The second shows the messed-up right, and the third shows the mismatched pair, with the right one unglued.
Attached Thumbnails
KoolWheelz Tutorial Build - Bluebird Proteus CN7-gedc0869.jpg   KoolWheelz Tutorial Build - Bluebird Proteus CN7-gedc0870.jpg   KoolWheelz Tutorial Build - Bluebird Proteus CN7-gedc0871.jpg