View Single Post

Old 09-12-2016, 02:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Thank you Ricardo and David for your reactions, and Diderick thanks a lot for the technical information (see picture below) and interesting thread with beautiful nostalgic pictures of steam engines riding through English landscapes. In fact, some of these pictures aren’t yet that old.

I didn’t have much time for modeling last week; work and other things were just too busy. Finalized the suspension parts of the tender wheels, the water scoop at the bottom and started working the braking system. Using the laser cut set for the brake rigging is in fact a must. The parts require some rework though to make them fit properly, and to install them more or less in line with the real thing but without this set would be virtually impossible.

Although it’s still in the making up so far this is the status. The part that makes up the braking rigging (per side of the tender) consists of four break shoes, a bar that connects the shoes and let’s call them a connecting rod/system between brake bar and a another rod at the front side of the tender, which must be connected somehow to the levers on the top side, operated by the driver(s). I still have to install those (very fragile) levers by the way.

Picture 5 shows the first braking shoe in place. Next will be the other seven shoes, braking rods to connect them, and other related details. For edge coloring I’ve been using Tamiya sky grey, which is the best fit I could find. Next time I hope to show more detailed pictures of the process. Let’s first see if what I have in mind will work out….

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3575.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3576.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3601.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3602.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3603.jpg  

A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3604.jpg