View Single Post

Old 09-18-2016, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Brakes and brake rigging

Continued with the brake shoes and brake rigging. As explained, I sort of took apart the single laser cut that provides a rather one-dimensional braking system. Thanks to Diderick, who sent a technical drawing of the tender and locomotive, that provided lots of information and gives insight how the braking system in the old days worked. If you print out the drawing on A3 paper, 100% of scale, it's exactly 1:48 (O) size, so a perfect template for the model, as I found out.

Also some pictures which I found on the internet (search for corridor tender) revealed some details which I used to make the brake rigging look more realistic. It's not finished yet but this is the status up so far.

Braking shoes and brake bars are in place now, as well as the front part of the rigging. Laminating these parts with the original print was labor intensive, the parts are very small. The cross bars are made out of 1.2 mm diameter plastic rod, and the one connecting the brake bars and front side mechanism has been installed already. The others will follow, as well as a few final details. More about this next time.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3601.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3616.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3617.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3636.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3618.jpg  

A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3637.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3639.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3640.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3644.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3641.jpg  

A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3643.jpg   A4 Pacific Sir Nigel Gresley, O-scale-img_3642.jpg