View Single Post

Old 09-24-2016, 07:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
And we're off and running. I've decided to experiment a little with this model and try to keep my perfectionist tendencies in check! One thing I wanted to do was try printing on different papers, in an attempt to bring out the rather subtle differences between the various grays and black on this model. My first picture shows the results I got on (left to right) 67 lb. cover stock, ordinary printer paper, gloss photo paper, and some paper that is labeled "70 lb. acid free Drawing Pad" by Pro Art (I have no idea where I got it). I think I might have gotten the latter paper, which is softer and less stiff than cover stock, to try on some of Bruno's micromodels. Also, I couldn't avoid getting some glare on that photo paper. Focusing on the darker triangle on the Tumbler's right door, I felt that the cover stock didn't have enough contrast. The photo paper had a gorgeous deep, rich black -- everywhere, with no contrast at all between black and dark gray. Plus it came out a bit stripey from the passes of the printer head. The printer paper looked pretty good, but is obviously too light for model building. So I'm building with the drawing pad paper, which had the best combination of color and texture. We'll see how it goes.

So far the only mistake I'm aware of is that I scored right across the front, including scoring across the part that isn't supposed to get folded. Oops. I'll be interested to follow along as this assembly gets glued in a later lesson, as the way these oddly-shaped parts fit together isn't immediately obvious. Should be a fun little model.
Attached Thumbnails
KoolWheelz Tutorial Build - Batman Tumbler-gedc0889.jpg   KoolWheelz Tutorial Build - Batman Tumbler-gedc0890.jpg