View Single Post

Old 09-28-2016, 10:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
J-22 Tiny Swedish Wooden Wonder 1/33

All,

While I'm waiting for some A4 paper to print out the PZL, I couldn't help but start the J-22 from, I think, Modele (not sure of the manufacturer...any help?). This is my first kit model and I have to say, it's kind of daunting to actually cut the paper! However...here is a very early start...

I started the crank case which fit very well. The cylinders look complicated but if I just take my time, I think they will be ok. I only added a paper tab on the conical face of the case which made it easier to close it up.

Then I attempted the spinner of doom . I searched around on this site and found Gil's great download on petal spinners. After one failed attempt (the nasty one) I got it to work ok! I will now fill the inside with a bit of epoxy, sand the exterior, fill, sand, prime, sand...etc. Until I get the finish I want. Then a shot of red and she'll be perfect! I must say, that technique is pretty awesome...

J-22 Tiny Swedish Wooden Wonder 1/33-crankspinner-20copy_zpsbu5ne6mm.jpg

My plan is to try and make this model super nice and enter it in a Spring model show here in Seattle. Could be fun .

Boy...I'm glad I scanned the plans so I could make another spinner!

Loving this hobby.

Dan