View Single Post

Old 10-20-2016, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.97 MB
More feed back! I love it!

Good point on the propellers. I'll incorporate that. The 'horizontal rudders' (s.07) should be renamed elevators. Not sure why I wrote it that way but I'll make the change. (I'm not thoroughly convinced that 'horizontal rudder' would be an inappropriate term for 1914, but 'elevator' is certainly the more accepted current term.)

Ah, the gondolas. Yeah.... From what I can tell from photographs, they were suspended under the central keel by three pairs of cables and then had aluminum girders attached fore and aft to provide stability. I think the best representation would come from using thin lengths stiffened thread or wire. To be honest, I've yet to decide how to do it. I suspect anything in paper would be so fragile as to be pointless. There's also something that extends from the engines in the gondolas to the airscrews. I can't determine if they were chain driven or had some sort of shaft (probably).

Recently I've come to believe that the front gondola had a windshield attached to it. Perhaps the rear gondola did too, but I think that's less likely. Such a windshield is probably in the works. One of the things I found challenging about this model is that the zeppelin itself is large. But that means that fine detail parts are super thin and fragile.

Thanks!

--jeff