View Single Post

Old 10-22-2016, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Any Doc Savage Fans Here I need some input

I don't know if we have any Doc Savage Fans here. I need some input. Finally found all 181 original pulp stories online as epub books. Started reading then about a month ago and have finished 15 of them so far. Loved them as a teen when they first came out in paperback books in the 1960s. I've started researching to see if I can make a set of custom action figures to display in my art studio. I've rescaled Gary Pilsworth's Henderson Motorcycle to match up with a 6 to 7 inch action figure. If you are a Doc fan what other paper models do you think would match up to vehicles used in the books. I know Doc has a fleet of cars, airplanes, and autogyros. There is a lighter than air ship called the Amberjack and a futuristic submarine called the Helldiver. Since the time era is 1930s-1940s I figured Doc might have planes like a Lockheed Electra, and a Ford Tri-Motor. With his inventions he would probably have an experimental jet or rocket plane. Two books have mentioned an autogyro with a body to carry six people which I imagine would be an early helicopter. Any ideas or suggestions. I'll scale the models to 1/12 to match the figures. I've been designing a wall display of pulp era downtown New York City and I may populate it with my custom action figures and use the vehicles as props to decorate it.