View Single Post

Old 11-11-2016, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Worked on the turret, the tank is almost done (see, something I do finish a model )

While working, I forgot to take pictures, but It surprisingly end well, guess it's those part you did on the first try or never !

Turret :
mainly made of 3 parts, a quite complex frame of mixed 1.mm and 0.5mm, whom you glue the 2 papers parts on it, one for the side, one for the top - you can see those on the first post on this thread -

After "smoothed" the edge (frame/paper), I prepared the main side part by bending the edges and decided to roll it - edge glued it as a circle - then to "push" the frame inside. Now I'm glueing the top to the frame, then the bottom. The "side" doesn't actually stick perfectly to the frame but it's ok, it fit well on top and bottom.
Little help of cutter and sand paper and I glue the "top" over it.
rolling the paper for the lock of the commander door is the only part a little difficult...

The 37mm :
A little more tricky. This is also a main part you "wrap" all over a frame. There's some tools too help you to get the right length but honestly I didn't get it ; End using "mine".
bending the edge wasn't as easy as with the turret, specially those tiny "hole", again, cutter help to even the edge !

The 7.62mm :
same technique, this time is several pieces of paper to wrap and edge gluing, no real frame here, The hard part for me was to kept the form even.

What's left to do : the commander cupola
Attached Thumbnails
Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7165_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7164_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7188_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7189_1.jpg