View Single Post

Old 11-19-2016, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorst View Post
If you are using Rhino, just double click on the field in the upper left corner of one of the views (where it says Perspective, Top, etc...) and you end up with only this view. To switch between views, you can use the buttons on the lower border. You can also save special perspective views, which makes a lot of sence if you use it combined with the Perspective Match function and Background images.

It doesn't have as much tutorials on YouTube as Blender, but there are a lot of very useful tips in the help of the program to each special command, and there are official help videos, too.
Rhino V5.0.

Found the view I wanted in the drafting pull down. Interesting program, will need to spend some time getting used to the different tools, way different than printing in AutoCAD.

Can see what you mean when printing the 1:1, checked it out first thing this morning when I cranked it up.

Decided to design a practice rocket from start to finish. Will use the stationing and specs from a book I have. Interested to see how it will handle the various parts. Will probably be asking some questions on the design.

I did read where the unroll, flatten and smash commands can have errors induced when converting the 3d to 2d parts. Any experience or problems anyone have with this?

One thing I do in AutoCAD is set my drawings up using 6-decimal places; 0.000000 which ensures exact part fit. I don't see how to set this up in Rhino, wonder if it even needs to as the new models will be 3d, and then unroll for printing. Parts should fit together correctly I'm hoping.

Thanks for the input you've provided so far!

Mike