View Single Post

Old 11-22-2016, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
I know it's been a while and I realized that the U-Wing will not build itself on its own and the release date of Rogue One is approaching relentlessly

So decided that I will focus on the U-Wing set this week. I was planning to do a version with moveable wings but all the test I made haven't been 100% satisfying and will require advanced paper modeller. So I decided to start with an easy version. It will be in closed/landed wing position only. The purpose is to have a troop transport vessel for gaming that you can place in landing position on the gaming table (or shelf to just show of your minis). I will make a 15mm version and a 30mm version that with scaling should allow to build for any regular mini sizes. Actually if you print the A4/30mm version on A3 paper it will give an even greater size range

Yesterday I have been focusing on the hull of the 15mm version, redoing what I had to a very simple unfold design.

Top side of the hull (with marker test textures)

And the underbelly (where the troops actually are located)

I am using the Revell Kit to check if my research so far was correct.

Today I was looking to find a unfold solution for the engine modules. I settled for a core structure onto which you will skin the engine tubes (two layered).

Here the main engine tube is on the core already and the aft part is awaiting assembly.

And finally the engine module assembled and glued into position.

The inner parts of the engines are designed for 160gsm paper (1/4mm thin). I found the "thinner" paper better for the rounded parts. With the two layers glued the finished engine is very sturdy one dried.

I now have to finish some missing parts (front and end of the hull and the guns) and then it's on to texturing.

Chris