View Single Post

Old 11-23-2016, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugelfang View Post
For those people who like to tweak the graphics and work in the SVG format, is it more convenient to be provided with one large SVG file (which may have multiple print pages in it) or multiple SVG files where each file equals a printable page?
For my 15 page model, the manual method takes about 20 minutes to create separate, printable SVG files. Is it worth the effort? Do most people print off the instruction sheets?

--jeff
IMHO just having the SVG available is a bonus, therefore the alternative with least creator effort would be ok provided easily available, reasonably standard tools like Inkscape can use it.
Multipage support in Inkscape is iffy since in practice it's not in the SVG standard, so I suppose your solution used some extension or simulated pages with layers.

Regarding instructions, having them printed is a great convenience, but because ink is expensive for me, it's a compromise: I'm much more willing to print black & white 3D drawings than color renderings or (even worse, but admittedly much easier to create) photographic steps.