Thread: Polish NG
View Single Post

Old 12-06-2016, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Polish Narrow Gauge

Okay, so this site isn't exactly a new find:

Galeria Kolei W±skotorowych

However, I have been doing a lot of research, so I thought I'd share where I'm at currently.
First of all, this site contains HO-scale (1/87th) models of various Polish narrow-gauge diesel locos, railcars, mine locos (O/H electric, battery electric (I think) and diesel) and the associated rolling stock. The trick here is to sort out just what goes with what - and since the whole site is in Polish, that's proved difficult.
What I have found is that the prototype gauges of these vehicles range from a tiny 450mm to 1050mm, and in HO scale that means that in there are models that can be put onto Z (6.5mm) and N-gauge (9mm) and even TT (12mm) track. They also belong to different Polish narrow-gauge railways, either industrial or preserved lines. These include peat and coal mining industry, museum lines and so on.

So far, what I have done is sort them into groups and made each file into a 300dpi A4 sheet. Here are the resultant folders:

Polish NG-trains.jpg

I have recoloured a few of the locos to represent specific prototypes whose photos I have found during research, like this one:

Polish NG-10324876_v10c-wigierska-kolej-waskotorowa.jpg Polish NG-v10c-blue-yellow-stripes.jpg

What I want is this - if anyone can help me contact the author(s) of these files, I'd like to make them available in the downloads section here. Also if anyone can help me make any more sense of the details of these prototypes, I'd welcome any input. I'm making this a major project, so as to do a number of interesting dioramas.

Last edited by cut 'n' paste; 12-06-2016 at 12:42 PM.