View Single Post

Old 12-19-2016, 12:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Glue a stack of parts 21 together so the reaction wheels are about 40 mm thick. Pay no attention to (1) the solar panel axle that I bent while trying to glue the small parts on and (2) the poorly shaped propellant tank. On the other hand, I think I captured the shape of the medium gain antenna.

I think from here, the order of construction will be from the side least likely to be damaged to the side with the most delicate parts: + yaw deck with the instruments and short low gain antenna, the –yaw deck with the star sensors and the taller low gain antenna (just waiting to be broken off), the – roll deck with the spindly apogee motor nozzle (also waiting to be broken off), the – pitch deck with the thin hinges which I don’t think can support the weight of the high gain antenna, and finally the + pitch deck with the solar panels where I already damaged the axle.

When this is finally done, I don’t think I can hold the model in one hand and point the HGA toward earth and with the other hand turn the solar panels to face the sun as I originally thought without breaking all kinds of small parts off the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-8-reaction-wheels.jpg   Mangalyaan ISRO Mars Orbiter Misson 1:87 scale-9-lap.jpg