View Single Post

Old 12-29-2016, 08:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Hi Scott, your Avro Anson Repaint in bright yellow colour is now up. I have rescaled it down
to 1/72 from the original scale of 1/48, ie, 66% of the original, and the finished model
measures some 6-3/4 inches long (slightly over 10 inches if at 1/48).

Must warn the beginners ---
this is not a model for you as there's a huge amount of trimming and re-fitting and
re-fitting to do. Sorry to say that LND models are well known to have fit problems and it's
a REAL challenge if you take on an LND build. It's also not for the quick-tempered and
habitual cursers or else the build will surely end up in crumbles and then in the dustbin.

To say the least, the misfits are asymmetrical parts like the nose and main fuselage
section and formers. The central part of the windscreen needs trimming and I have to
break it up into smaller parts to go to the next action of glueing it to the forward nose section.
Don't give up yet when you find that the glueing tabs of the central fuselage
section doesn't meet under the belly. Because there is a covering part to cover up all the
huge gap at the final stage. One thing I like is the wing fairings that work beautifully.

Oh well at this length, it's become a build report. Too bad I didn't want to take
build pictures as I went along because of obvious reasons. And here are the
pictures of the finished product that I tried very hard to resemble the 3-view
pictures of the Avro Anson. I have the RAAF version though, I would place it
at the very end of the build list. The last pic shows the comparison of sizes with
the BF-110, also at the same scale of 1/72.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0687.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0680a.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0681a.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0683a.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0685.jpg  

LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0688.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0689.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0690.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0692.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0693.jpg  

LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0696.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0697.jpg   LadNDad Avro Anson-dscn0695.jpg