View Single Post

Old 01-02-2017, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200

As you know, I very much like architecture subjects and GPM is one of the most active publishers, although not necessarily on architecture subjects. My first experience with a GPM architecture kit (Baranow Sandomierski, in 2004) was not very good and many years passed before I bought new kits from this stable. Frombork cathedral (I have shown it here) was much more pleasing.

The Krakow Cathedral is in another class. It is a very ambitious kit of a very pretty and large building. Without the detail set (laser cut structure and window frames, as well as acetate windows), there are 800 parts printed on 25 pages larger than A4. Quite clearly, the number of parts will be higher. For example, the use of acetate windows makes it necessary to cut window frames on several parts. GPM’s criteria to use gluing tabs or not continues to be a black subject to me. To fit my assembly taste, I’ll have to add many tabs, card templates and the like. So, this build is sure to take some time. It is already well underway. So, don’t be surprised if construction pictures arrive at an alarming rate…
Attached Thumbnails
Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c001.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c002.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c003.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c004.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c005.jpg  

Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c006.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c007.jpg