View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Welcome aboard, friends

@ Isaac - Nice pictures! Is that you on the second one? Thanks for posting!

@ Mike – I hope it will

@ Tim - … unless you run out of space! I’m not yet there for architecture models just because a good part of free time is devoted to aircraft

@ Thomas – right! Some details are very challenging with GPM’s thick paper. The detail set could be a lot more extensive and helpful in this respect. I remarked in your build of Wroclaw that there are many more parts of card structure than in Krakow. Well, we are always free to add them, if needed…

@ Fred – It is far from sure that the detail set makes the modeler’s life easier. It surely adds very valuable detail on the windows, but at the expense of extra work. I’ll get there...

I thought that assembling the 10 smaller buttresses would be an easy way to get started with GPM’s methods. Well, it was a good way but not an easy way! The parts have no gluing tabs and I used spare card from the laser cut structure to make some rectangles and avoid butt gluing on relatively large parts.
The tiny (0,5mm card) strips you can see on pictures C009 and C011 provide a decent gluing base for the yellow details. Regarding the pinnacles, they are not included in the kit! GPM provides a template and color indication and it is up to the modeler to make them. Grrr ! Frankly, I didn’t understand GPM’s idea. This is exactly the kind of detail that could be provided in the laser cut set, among others. Well, not to worry.
Attached Thumbnails
Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c008.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c009.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c010.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c011.jpg   Krakow Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-krakow-c012.jpg