View Single Post

Old 01-31-2017, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Boose joins the group build

I could not resist Isaac’s kind offer to join his build, even though he is aware of my very modest skill level. In any event, I am going to give it a try.

I bought the kit directly from Martin Saenger in 2009, but held off on attempting a build, believing that it was beyond my capability. We shall see.

I have printed out sheets 2 and 3 of the model (fuselage nose section) on #234 Paris Bleed Proof paper for pens, which is about .0075 inches, or 0.19mm thick. I have also sprayed with matt Krylon UV-resistant acrylic coating. I also printed out Sheets 6 and 7 and tomorrow will laminate those pages to 0.5mm card.

None of my pens or Neocolor II crayons matched the zinc oxide primer color of the nose wheel housing, but Tombow 076 and 093 bracket it and Caran D’ache Neocolor II 7500.025 Green Ochre is fairly close.

I have several other projects in the works, but will try to keep up with Isaac on this build.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
FJ-1 Fury in 1/33 scale-martinsaenger_fj-1_build01.jpg   FJ-1 Fury in 1/33 scale-martinsaenger_fj-1_build02.jpg   FJ-1 Fury in 1/33 scale-martinsaenger_fj-1_build03.jpg