View Single Post

Old 02-11-2017, 07:10 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
The latest beta build for Murph is the Cessna 195 Businessliner whose original scale
is 1/24 but reduced to the commonest scale of 1/33. I'm not following exactly
the instructions like forming the cockpit and cutting out relevant parts. Instead I cut
out the windows part by part and fixed it to the fuselage. This has proven to be
better as the whole windscreen and passenger window parts line up and flush with
the edge of the fuselage beautifully.

Another point in building this model is that I install the landing struts before going to close
the cockpit compartment with the overhanging wings. I used a piece of piano wire
following the angles of landing gear struts according to the 3-view diagrams on
the instruction sheet, and bent it and checked the right angle and position.
Well maybe will give more details at a later stage, just in case you're interested.

Here some build pic for now. I think the RC guys would be interested in building
this model large enough to put in all the RC gadgets to make it a flyable model plane.

Papermate
What a beautiful model and an excellent choice since this Cessna has never being modelled in card or plastic. Only a very old (1949) balsa control line flying model by the old Berkeley Models firm. Fortunately, this card model has formers.

The standard scale for civilian and small aircraft is 1/24. This is because they are small prototypes and can stand 1/24 scale in order to have more detail. Just check Schreiber's Cessna 150 and Piper Super Cub. Also Gary Pilsworth's Piper Apache, Cessna Skymaster and Piper Tri-Pacer.

Can't wait to build this Cessna to my private planes collection.
EDUARDO