Thread: A Reading Vardo
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2017, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
No, I based mine off photos of one I found on the net that had four different photos from a few different angles.

I found other larger images that won't load here because of size, but the back end was guessed at, taking the window and some of the side trim to decorate the back

The undercarriage was my own design using Josh Buczynski's flat axle to allow for a pivoting front axle. I'm sure this is a replica build, and I saw no smoke stack in any of the photos, so I modified the stovepipe from one of the Clever Models freebies to use on this one. Actually, just saw the way they did it, and then made up one based on their method.

The front undercarriage was one of those designs that I was very happy with. Capturing the look and being functional without being overly difficult to build
Attached Thumbnails
A Reading Vardo-old-0672dc347a03efb17dc5ce.jpg   A Reading Vardo-old-sam_0173_by_pumpkinvine-d98ppt9.jpg   A Reading Vardo-old-sam_0176_by_pumpkinvine-d98pqci.jpg   A Reading Vardo-old_gypsy_caravan_by_lobodelasombra.jpg