View Single Post

Old 02-20-2017, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Frankenstein's Plotter

It's alive!!!!
Finally! Had some time to make the plotter a little bit better. I am attaching some photos of the build with an image of my first successful, full scale print from one of my pdo files.
Everything on this plotter is re-used or re-cycled from two old printers, one was free, the other I bought for $5 usd. The only non-junk parts are the pulleys, timing belts, little steppers, stepper control boards and the Arduino. Even the laptop was pulled from the recycle bin. There were three, in various states of disrepair. I took the hard drive from one, the cooling fan from another and replaced them in yet a third. I installed Ubuntu, and, Viola!" a free laptop.
I used the PDO Tools software from imcold and edited the SVG a bit in inkscape.
Once again, my next step will be to get that drag cutter installed and see how much pressure those little stepper motors can withstand.
Attached Thumbnails
Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter1.jpg   Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter2.jpg   Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter3.jpg   Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter4.jpg   Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter5.jpg  

Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter6.jpg   Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter8.jpg   Home-made Plotter/Cutter-plotter9.jpg