View Single Post

Old 02-21-2017, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
PhantomCruiser, panzerlite, Paper Kosmonaut, thanks for your kind comments. I hope you’ll enjoy my model, if I could complete it!

The Mole, I know what you are talking about, but I choose to represent the rocket in the paint scheme they thought. The Saturn scheme is too “modern”

Mechanic, PhantomCruiser, I know Amy and her channel and I follow her on Youtube from long time. I’m passionate for the early manned space flight (see my little Mercury, Vostock, LM and Gemini ) and I saw all her serie. I discovered this interesting simulator ( the Kerbal Space Program ) just here, looking for some video about the Ferry Rocket.

At this point, with the prototyping phase almost completed, I can start to finalize the version of each part, experimenting the better way to render the patterns of colors.

I decided to start from the bottom to the top, so I began from the MLP. I would like to reproduce the base as depicted in the Klep’s illustration, but giving some weathered aspect. The rest of the rocket never flew.

The first attempts, looking for a way to do in Inkscape a weathered effect, are very ugly, so I discarded them.

Then I choose an image of the top of the true MLP and I corrected and adapted it in Gimp. Then I “clipped” it in Inkscape. This time the result was acceptable. So I started to build the MLP.

But the platform could have be bare without any detail that could give the sense of the “real” dimensions.

So I thought to reproduce the tail-masts of the Saturn era, some worker who walks around, and a touch of color with two containers.

A dry fit

Now the base is complete!

That’s all for now. I’m working on the first stage.

Stay tuned.
Best, Nando
Fat Man & Little Boy available here