View Single Post

Old 02-25-2017, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhvink View Post
Nando, that is really SWEET! Puts mine to shame.

Mike
Mike absoletely not shame! Your model is wonderful, but as I said, I would have liked to realize the entire stack, so I started my own project and your model is an inspiration for my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Wonderful work!
Thanks dhanners. Your appreciation is great for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomCruiser View Post
I've messed around with Kerbal, but some of the little kids (Brony's, and some outright trolls) on their forum made me lose interest in it altogether. For a much more grown up forum (and simulator) have you seen Orbiter? Orbiter 2016 Space Flight Simulator

Here's a look at a Buran launch. […]
Yes I know and I landed at the Cape many times with the Shuttle. There is also a good simulation of the “World of Collier’s”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post
This is a grand project: she looks like she'll fly!
Ya know, just as notable as the rocket is that there's something on You Tube from a decade ago!
Thanks, southwestforests. I agree with you that is notable that something could be survived on Youtube for so long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradford46 View Post
A great model, Nando; are you going to make this commercially available? If so, sign me up!
I don’t know if I’ll be able to complete this project, but if I’ll can do it, I’ll consider if I can share it in some way.
There is much more work to do if you want to release a model buildable from people other than yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
Those little figures are awesome for scale!

I can't recall whether it was the yellow orbital space station or the nuclear space station designs that were made into plastic model kits, but one of them had this ship you're making docking with it, on the box art of the kit. That gave the sense of scale for the space station too!
In my last projects, starting from Fatman and following LM, Gundam, Moonliner and Falcon 9, I usually put some figure to give the sense of scale, mainly for me and then for the people that could look at my models.

About the yellow station, I think you refer to the model kit of the Disney’s Space Station ( the Nuclear one ) produced first by Strombecker and then reissued by Glencoe. In the box-art of the last one, it is depicted a Ferry Rocket, but that of the Disney’s era.
Fat Man & Little Boy available here