Designer/Publisher: kooklit
Repaint: Dave Winfield - North Sea Camouflage
Scale: 1/72
No. of Pages: Instructions 14 Parts 26
Purchased from: ecardmodels.com
Cost: 14.95 (USD)
Delivery: Direct download
File Size: 20 megabytes

I purchased the original model published by kooklit last year on disc and have drooled over it ever since. This repaint in North Sea camo was something I couldn't resist. There were a myriad of camo designs used on the u-boats and this repaint is an extrapolation of them.

Compared to the original publishing, this release is "clean". By that I mean it does not (need to) include the almost overwhelming number of post-release revisions as the original did. Nice.

The file contains the model in one paint scheme, a weathered North Sea camouflage. The weathering is nice and the color scheme looks good. May be a little bright in the PDFs but sure that will tone down in the printing.

Both editions of the model are works of art and are interesting just to look at. I'm usually behind the curve of building current release models but I'm going to start preliminary work on it.
I still need to complete my Marek Marathon model and continue work on the Arnoux flying wing.

The screenshots below give a good look at the graphics.
Attached Thumbnails
Kookliks 1/72 U-Boat Type VII C North Sea Camo - Dave Winfield Repaint-picture-4.jpg   Kookliks 1/72 U-Boat Type VII C North Sea Camo - Dave Winfield Repaint-picture-3.jpg   Kookliks 1/72 U-Boat Type VII C North Sea Camo - Dave Winfield Repaint-picture-5.jpg   Kookliks 1/72 U-Boat Type VII C North Sea Camo - Dave Winfield Repaint-picture-6.jpg   Kookliks 1/72 U-Boat Type VII C North Sea Camo - Dave Winfield Repaint-picture-7.jpg  

Last edited by rickstef; 08-05-2009 at 11:35 AM.