View Single Post

Old 02-28-2017, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
This "long weekend" led me to advance a lot. Both Director Control Towers (the big radar-like structures above the bridge and on the aft superstructure were finished, The four MkII barrage directors were finished too (they appear on the previos pictures, were finished last weekend): The three HA control towers were finished this weekend and the sudden knoweledge I have of the electronics of the ship is due that I found the book "The Cruiser HMS Belfast Anatomy of the Ship".
I finished the section identified with the number 60. I knew that it was some king of quad gun or radar mounting, but the instruction were very sketchy. At last I discovered that the parts 60cl and 60cp are assembled like the wings of a vintage Cylon Raider. Finished, it was made like a quad AA gun, but the internet says that it was an octuple AA gun array. I can't correct this mistake now, so don't do it in yours.
Another finished section was the "roof" of the main superstructure, and the radiators around the base of the mainmast.
All in all, just 10 sections remain: the six single machine guns, the six searchlights, both cranes, both masts, the section identified 148 and the propellers.
I'm planning to publish some pictures tomorrow at midday.