Thread: X-ACTO blades
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Does anyone have a good source in US or Canada for OLFA #11 blades? The best I can find is a 25-pack for $14 on Amazon, compared to 100-pack of Techni-Edge blades for $10.95 with free shipping from Online Hardware Store| Plumbing Supplies | Kitchen Cabinet Hardware | Discount Cabinet Hardware

Some time ago, I bought a pack of X-Acto Z-blades that turned out to be poorly ground. The tips kept breaking off.

I sent X-Acto the attached photo and they promptly sent me two packs of Z blades. The tips on these don't break off but they bend. And these have to be resharpened more often than the first Z-blades I bought.

I tried scalpels but found them too brittle--maybe the wrong brand for hobby work.

The sharpeners shown help my blades and scissors last longer. The knife sharpener came from Ace Hardware, the scissors sharpener from Fiskars.
Both were well worth the investment. Paper is hard on blades and scissors. (Woe to the man who uses his wife's sewing scissors for cutting paper, for he shall hear unkind words.)
--David
Attached Thumbnails
X-ACTO blades-x-acto.jpg   X-ACTO blades-knife-sharpener.jpg   X-ACTO blades-scissors-sharpener.jpg