View Single Post

Old 03-29-2017, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the comments, friends

@ yrn_n - ahhhh, ok Yes, Halinski often prefers the cones method for the noses (aircraft, bombs, tanks...). On average, I prefer that method because the total joint length tends to be smaller and, sometimes, it is possible to disguise the joints if the color scheme helps. Not in this case...

@ Erik - interesting how we have different methods in this particular case. Well, it would not be fun to agree on everything . In my case, after getting the rolled paper bit, the only parameter to care about is to place it longitudinally so that the petals close. Once the paper roll is fixed to the cylindrical bomb body, I have all the freedom to glue the slices one by one or whatever. On non-circular noses (Tigercat, for example), I use paper bits and the gluing process goes from the base to the tip. At first sight, it is less tricky but I have no doubt that you get excellent results.

The engine has 18 cylinders of the “big” category. The pictures show the engine center. I opened holes to pass the wires that will glue on the cylinder tops. The wires can penetrate up to about 5mm with the same effect. So, there is no need to cut them very precisely…
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman Bearcat - 1/33 - GPM-bearcat-c14.jpg   Grumman Bearcat - 1/33 - GPM-bearcat-c15.jpg