View Single Post

Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation Lets start- preliminaries

The first thing is to collect the .jpeg formatted files for printing and loading the printer with appropriate card stock. For me, I still have a stash of card stock I purchased while residing in Tokyo a few years ago. I purchased packs of laser printer paper of 160 g/m2 in A4 size. I purchased it at Tokyo Hands department store for those that are familiar with Japan. The main thing about this paper is that it is silky smooth and very dense. You can roll it or fold it and it will not crack. Just fantastic stuff.
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3087.jpg

The next step is to print it correctly at 100% file size. The problem here is that the files are in jpeg format and not pdf, so if you just print it as is from windows viewer or otherwise, it will just fit it to the paper regardless of the true scale. So if you print them separately, each page will come out different scale ( I think that happened to some of our builders here including myself ).

so

You must read it to a program that allows you to print the jpeg file to its true 100%. For me, I used Photoshop Elements. Then when you print it full size the model scale comes to 1/30 scale which is what Yoav models turned out to be.

one other point in printing:
The printed page is intended to A4 size. I made a mistake of not selecting that size and let it stay at US letter size and it cropped off parts on top. So after printing 2 pages wrong, I corrected it to A4.

here is one of the printed pages
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3085.jpg

lastly, I sprayed the pages with a clear acrylic matte spray ( Americana spray purchased at Michael's art supply shop ).
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3086.jpg
After a day of drying, I started cutting some parts and noted a white powdery residue on my fingers. It is from the spray. This is a surprise as I have a perfect finish with the FJ-1 Fury I just built.

Anyhow, more to come.

Isaac