View Single Post

Old 04-06-2017, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Hi to all,

before coming back to Herkys original subject, I have to say that the dimensions of the PRELUDE remind me of the PIONEERING SPIRIT, which is said to be the largest ship in the world, if you believe the german wikipedia. I am not sure whether this is still actual. Anyway the beam of its two hull structure is 126 meters and a larger version is planned... Not my prefered size of models

From my personal paper modeler point of view I prefer the sulphur tanker KALIOPE/PENELOPE of Herkys list. I like this modern kind of cargo ships and was glad to find it in one of my favorite online-shops not to expensive and think about to order.

One question for me ist still, that there is sometimes critisism in german forums about the 1;250 scale models of JSC. It is said that they are just rescaled versions of the 1;400 models so any deficit will be enlarged and cause problems. On the contrary I have seen fantastic builds of the QUEEN MARY II. For my opinion the ELBE HIGHWAY makes a good impression to me and I can not confirm this. But before building it or ordering the KALIOPE/PENELOPE I would like to hear your opinion to that question.