View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
The dyke area is covered with grass taken from model railroad supply.

I tried to build the lighthouse by a rescaled model of the german naval museum changed from 1;100 to 1;250 (as you can see in the first picture) but the built was not so satisfying. So I changed to a model created from the outset in 1;250. It is published by the Kartonwerft, an german short run publisher and is an absolutely accurate construction.

The fifth picture shows the bell to the left which gives the lighthouse its common name.

There is still a lot to do: The slope to the water has to be covered with an authentic surface, there is reed along the bow and the sidewalks on the dyke and at its base have no adequate coating.

So this report will go on when I find some time to continue...
Attached Thumbnails
Waterfront background for maritime pictures of models in 1;250-021.jpg   Waterfront background for maritime pictures of models in 1;250-pingelturm-01a.jpg   Waterfront background for maritime pictures of models in 1;250-pingelturm-05.jpg   Waterfront background for maritime pictures of models in 1;250-pingelturm37.jpg   Waterfront background for maritime pictures of models in 1;250-pingelturm-galerie-02.jpg