View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 06:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Looking through the list, I noticed the floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) ship Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras (Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras FPSO), which uses something called the Pusnes offloading system (FPSO Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras).

At the Big Stone anchorage, across from Cape May, New Jersey, barges are used to offload large deep draft tankers that otherwise ride too deep for the Delaware River ship channel and carry the product upstream to the refineries. But the FPSOs apparently also process the product and are used at offshore oil rigs.

That's all I know about these vessels, but I find them fascinating.

This is a very unusual-looking ship (PETROJARL CIDADE DE RIO DAS OSTRAS - IMO 7920508 - Callsign C6WC8 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker), and must be an enormously complicated model.

Has anyone reading this built the model, or do you know of any build images or threads, Herky?

Don
Hi Don,

I'm currently sizing up this model (in scale 1:250). I am working in an oil region now where FPSOs are commonly used, so this would make a nice office decoration. Build thread may materialize soon!

Marco
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels