View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
To supplement Vermin King's post, here are pics showing your original carrier-tug at 1/50 and the reduced scales of 1/100 and 1/144 proving that they are buildable with that much details. I'm not here to brag about my small scale build skills but just try to convince you that you should design the airport vehicles at your usual scale of 1/50. Leave it to us to downscale to whatever we (small scale builders) want while your kit(s) can still cater to the needs of the normal to medium scale builders who may want them at 1/33 or 1/72.

You don't have to include everything in one kit, but spread them out and make more dough from them. Look at the volume of airliners being designed and distributed free or paid and the number of interested modelers presenting them at this or other forums. I bet many of us are looking for supporting vehicles and equipment to make diorama of civilian aviation. Think how lucrative it is to be the provider of these models. There isn't too many (if none) on the market that can be purchased or obtained. The European modeling community have a few but without instructions and are actually puzzles to us, so they don't generate a growing interest for us to get them.

Just an illustration of PR Models and R&P Models, they design mainly at 1/250 among other scales and the vehicles have only graphics wheels. Not too good at 1/100, right. Minimodels are all 1/100 and they have 3-D wheels. So why worry about their not being buildable? You can actually modify your kits instead of starting from scratch.

If you talk about pricing, your latest design, the Saladin, is great and a work of art to the enthusiast but is priced at the same as the Airfield Diorama kits. Considering the time and amount of work you invested in it, it's not proportionate to the money you ask for each kit. Of course if you set the price too high, there'll be little of no sale at all. We don't expect you to give very high details of the airport vehicles and equipment so the time frame to do them one by one, from simple to complex, shouldn't be as long as the Saladin.

Hope you don't mind my being long-winded but I just want to say what I want to say about this whole thing.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Modern Airport Accessories - Civil Aviation Diorama Kit-dscn1285.jpg   Modern Airport Accessories - Civil Aviation Diorama Kit-dscn1286.jpg   Modern Airport Accessories - Civil Aviation Diorama Kit-dscn1287.jpg   Modern Airport Accessories - Civil Aviation Diorama Kit-dscn1288.jpg   Modern Airport Accessories - Civil Aviation Diorama Kit-compare.jpg