View Single Post

Old 05-12-2017, 04:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
HMS ROYAL KATHERINE 1664, 1:55, scratch build

Hello dear friends,
At first, excuse please my long absence here. I had a hard period in life and was not able to devote any hobbies.....But nothing lasts forever and I have started working on another project.
A few years ago, I finished my most beautiful ship - Sovereign of the Seas and I wished to find another similarly beautiful sailing ship which I would be able to build. There are plenty of glorious boats, but only for a few of them there are avalialbe good plans and exact information. I decided to create and build a card model of Royal Katherine from 1664. I do not have exact plans so I will proceed according to other plans of ships from 17th century - HMS Sussex and HMS Prince and use information from professional literature as well. I like great challenges and connection of fun and education, so I am looking forward to this project very much. The model will be created in the scale of 1/55, so there is an oportunity to create many details in a higher level of quality.
During creation of previous models I have received many valuable and professional information about sailing ships, their construction and fitting from one of the greatest experts - Captain K.L. who has taught me a lot and I will also use his advice here.

The main build log you can find here:
DiskusnĂ* fĂłrum modelářů • Zobrazit tĂ©ma - HMS ROYAL KATHERINE 1664, vlastnĂ* projekt, 1:55