View Single Post

Old 05-13-2017, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks Curt. It's nice to be building again!
This model is far more complex then I had originally thought. Even though there is no cockpit, it has a lot of tiny details in the finishing! Although I am probably butchering this model it is fun and a learning experience. Like some of my other model that I printed off years ago only to build after some fading has happened, I think this one deserves a reprint and second attempt at a better build at some point. The big thing is, the frames are exact. A bit of a wobble in cutting the formers and the skins have issues as you can tell with this attempt. With Mareks ME-109 models I had a bit of forgiveness in that, but this one is tight. And I never really realized how many vents and holes the P-47 had! Almost as bad as a late model ME-109! And I refuse to attempt to roll those eight little machine guns from paper so I will some how cheat on those when the time comes. But over all, a lot of fun. Marek told me on FB (through the auto translation I think) that this was one of his earlier models although it wasn't digital until 2003. Pretty good model actually!