View Single Post

Old 05-15-2017, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Wow. Another attack of gout; which leads to taking oxycodon for the pain and then I am just about useless.

...and back to the DVII.

First of all, it isn't accepting my upload (again). So pretend that we are looking at lozenge designs.

I started with my Profiles book that I received as a Christmas present back in the late '60s. As those of us from that time can remember, each month the magazine of the IPMS used to include a profile. Then they got bundled into books which was and is fantastic. Profile No. 25 shows the DVII.

I have based my 4 color pattern on that in this profile. Of course it is not identical since back then there were no PCs or relatively available computers to do graphics. Thus the pattern shown in the Profile is hand done and takes considerable tweaking to make into a repeating and useable pattern.

I have made up my own colors based upon the written descriptions on p. 10.

Then I went scouting out on the internet and found almost as many patterns and colors as there are people posting. I have borrowed a couple of these as alternative colors for my own pattern - but I still only have the one bottom pattern and color set.

I have the wings laid out and will be attempting to form them while waiting for the site to let me upload the image...

Carl