View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Woo and effing hoo!

The top image is my version of the 4 color underside.

Bear in mind that colors change when they go through printers, and that I might adjust things later. The Kampflieger model took these colors and darkened them a bit. I might to the same but so far do not feel like I need to.

The next down is the upper 4 color with my own best attempt to match the descriptions of colors for the different blocks.

The next two are from profiles that I found scattered on the interweb that look appealing to me. I have rearranged colors on the lowest one so they don't show such an obvious pattern.

So, my learnings. Nobody has nailed down the actual colors for the lozenge camolflauge. Oh, and I left out the "Blue Max" coloring which is interesting in its own right. At this point I have no strong feeling for: a) was there one only color set? ...with adjustments for local dyes; b) were there a smorgasbord of different camo colors?; c) what were the actual colors?

To confuse things, there are statements that by late in the war all planes were painted an olive-y green. Other statements that lozenge might have showed through the painting.

Sooooo, a person could legitimately make an all olive plane. Or make a plane with camo wings and undersides with olive fuselage... or, well whatever they feel like.

I might point out that this extends to the vents on the engine compartment. I chose to use the same pattern copied from left to right. But there are MANY other patterns for these cooling vents.

So, making a "stock" Fokker DVII is like chasing the perfect tax return. I plan on doing what seems right to me but not too absurd.

BTW, I have done a minor test build and am working on doing a second layout for another build. My adorable wife pretends to be interested...

Carl
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker DVII 1/48, 1/72 design-d7-515a.jpg