View Single Post

Old 06-02-2017, 01:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
The only thing I know they say about laser printed paper model sheets is that the toner is a layer on top of the paper surface. When bent into shape, it might chip or flake after a while due to surface tensions. Inkjet ink is kind of absorbed into the paper and just discolours after a while. No better options there, I think, although a layer of UV-spray might help with that.
Perhaps you also can spray laser printed stuff with a flexible layer to prevent chips falling off.

The wooden sticks for struts are a perfect solution, I would say. No one says you cannot use other stuff in paper models.

Tiny tubes like the F-1 plumbing is easy to roll around the thinnest metal knitting needles and even brass rods or sewing pins. I used thin paper and rolled parts longer than necessary, cutting them to length while on the rod. "elbows" in the piping were cut from the length in an angle. Rolling them around the same rod also guaranteed the same size. I deviated from the model kit and just looked a photos of the engines for reference when I made the F-1 plumbing. Edge glued the pipes together. The curvatures were a little angular here and there but that is what you get with paper.
(The thinnest pipelines over the engine bell were just metal wires in my model, I must admit.) Link to my F1 build thread