View Single Post

Old 06-02-2017, 10:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Soda/Beer Can Models

I'd like to start a new thread here for posting of soda and or beer can models that I made on anything, like, planes, cars and animals etc.

To start the ball rolling (or to open the pandora box), I'm posting a project that I commenced about 4 to 5 years ago. It was supposed to be a beer can plane, 1/33, bare metal side out, made from Fly Models A-20 Havoc kit. Stopped as shown in the pictures as I ran out of superglue that disappeared from the market. Though I did stock up some 2 dozens or so beforehand, the glue dried up after not being used for some time. And another reason was that I hadn't seriously considered paper as a medium to go between layers of can. Have actually given up but didn't want to throw it away but kept them just for looks and imagined that sometime I would come back to fix it. Time passed by 4 to 5 years now........the pictures show when time stopped on that project. The template print outs to glue on the cans were either lost or some parts missing now.

Maybe the flame to re-build soda car models has now rekindled as I have now the newly found superglue and the method to proceed.

A word of warning to those who would like to try their hands (fingers in particular) on this, the aluminium can sheets are pretty sharp and will cut your flesh open without mercy if you don't treat them well, or being careless. Kids should stay away when you do the job! And, first-aid tapes, and in emergency situations, ambulance call numbers ready on post-it board!! (Scared by all these exaggerations? Can be real!) The superglue fume is toxic and should use the glue under good ventilation. I actually don't care but just stay an arm away when I apply the glue and hold my breath for as long as I can. Or do a washroom round, or, get a drink.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Soda/Beer Can Models-img_8498.jpg   Soda/Beer Can Models-img_8499.jpg   Soda/Beer Can Models-img_8500.jpg   Soda/Beer Can Models-img_8501.jpg   Soda/Beer Can Models-img_8502.jpg  

Soda/Beer Can Models-img_8503.jpg