View Single Post

Old 06-04-2017, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Ok, I found the first mistake in the original paper model (OPM): the real inner propellers were hold with struts, and the outer propellers were hold with keels. The OPM was made inverted.
Probably it happened because they mixed the Iowa and the Soth Dakota class. Anyway, they made a mistake, I corrected it in my model.
As you can see, the port side has the armored belt finished (or wathever the trench near the main deck is called) and the port side painted. The starboard side is bein placed, and the main turrets are bein made and painted.
You can see that the Missouri turrets are almost identical. This tendence continues in the rest of the ship, as I'm going to show while making this model.
I compared the South Dakota with the CV-6 Enterprise because the flight deck on the Enterprise is the same color than the decks of the South Dakota.
So far, the ship keeps being easy to build... if you had assembled the Missouri first.
Attached Thumbnails
BB-57 South Dakota at 1/700 Scale-bb-55-6-.jpg   BB-57 South Dakota at 1/700 Scale-bb-55-7-.jpg   BB-57 South Dakota at 1/700 Scale-bb-55-8-.jpg   BB-57 South Dakota at 1/700 Scale-bb-55-9-.jpg   BB-57 South Dakota at 1/700 Scale-bb-55-15-.jpg