View Single Post

Old 06-20-2017, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Robinson complex

Looks like the thread was lost during last week's mutiny of machines (thanks to admins for rescuing the forum at all!), so let's restart.

The ship:

The website:

Robinson - Alienspapercraft 3

The story:

A space-age civilization is wiped out by a mysterious explosion of their sun. Survivors gathered on the periphery of the system, assembled an improvised interstellar vessel out of several interplanetary ships and set off to look for a new home.

The plan:

Disassemblable spaceships have always been my favorite toy idea, so I'm gonna build this baby with all the bells and whistles she deserves: electric lights and fairly large amount of added 3D details.

The build:

I've started with a quick and dirty B&W prototype to check how things fit together and where problems are. First caveat: the PDFs fill A4 from edge to edge, so be sure to use "fit to page" or they get clipped.

First ship to test was the Neucom cruiser:

Large flat surfaces, long straight tabs. If you manage to avoid warping, there's nothing to worry about. Be sure to laminate the bottom where landing gear attaches, or it will buckle. And possibly add a docking magnet for the shuttle (which is included with some other ship).