View Single Post

Old 06-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Going on:

Orca is not completely easy, there are lots of weird angles - watch the geometry. Don't forget to trim side tabs on the "bathtub" on the main hull top, or they will not fit inside. Speaking of the tub: Neucom's front landing leg fits inside tightly, which is both good (no need for a magnet) and bad (paint may get scratched if you play with the model frequently), depending on your priorities.

It's essential to laminate main hull sides where the two sloping boxes with tubing at the bottom attach. Without it, it can't be assembled without buckling and gaps. Laminating is also needed at both inner and outer sides of the outboard hulls (not critical during the build, but important later when two more ships get attached there).

After a dry-fit of all ships together, I can see why Neucom's rear landing legs are so tall: they straddle around top pods of the tug ships (SE+NL) and sit on the connecting necks without magnets. I want to make all three legs of the same height, so the node between Orca and Opalia will need a major redesign. But it's no problem, it fits my alternative story perfectly .