View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.93 MB
Thank you Paper Fan. I appreciate the advice of an accomplished card modeller such as yourself .

As this is only my second Card ship I'm using it as a "learning curve" for the next one (GPM Bismarck) and I want to get as many rookie mistakes as possible eliminated before starting on it. I believe I've learnt a LOT about the nuances of hull skinning (mainly in what NOT to do ) and will be the better for the experience.

I'd decided before starting that I wasn't going to paint the hull, even though it no doubt is a quicker way of achieving a similar end. The printing on this kit has a subtle "weathering" which I find quite attractive and want to keep if at all possible, and I want to get my skill-set up as far as I can before tackling the monster.

Below are a couple of pics of my "gap filling" exploits, a reasonable job if I say so myself . I used (believe it or not) a Q-tip dipped in Acetone to clean up the Testor's Putty.

Now to see how good I am at paint matching .

Cheers, Danny
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-gap-filling-4-.jpg   IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-gap-filling-7-.jpg   IJN Amatsukaze 1940, 1:200 Halinski-gap-filling-9-.jpg